Soup & SidesBack to recipe list
Beet and Orange Salad with Yogourt Dressing
Serving Size: 6
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Total Time: 55 Min
The sweet combination of beets and oranges are perfectly complimented by creamy Astro Original Balkan yogourt.
⅔ cup (100 g) Brazil nuts or walnuts, coarsely chopped
2 lb (1 kg) beets
3 tbsp (45 mL) cider vinegar
1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
½ cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red onion
½ cup (125 mL) Astro Original Balkan Plain 0% yogourt
4 tsp (20 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
2 navel oranges, peeled
- In a dry skillet, toast nuts over medium heat, shaking pan often, until light golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Leaving root ends intact, trim tops from beets, leaving about a 1-inch (2.5-cm) stem. Add beets to boiling water, cover and cook until fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and let cool enough to handle. Slip off skins; cut into wedges or slice into half-moons.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir in onion; let stand for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 tsp liquid.
In a small bowl, whisk together Astro Original yogourt, oil, mustard and reserved liquid; set aside.
- Cut out orange segments from membranes.
To assemble, divide beets among plates; top with orange segments and pickled onion. Drizzle with yogourt dressing. Sprinkle with nuts.
Calories per serving: 217.4, Fat 11.7 grams, Cholesterol 1.7 mg, Sodium 507 mg, Carbohydrates 26.6 grams, Fibre 4.9 grams, Sugar 15.6 grams, Protein 5.7 grams
- One serving contains 49% of the % Daily Value of Vitamin C.
- One serving contains 36.5% of the % Daily Value of Folate.
Nutritional information is based on an average 2,000 calorie a day diet. Any product substitutions will alter the nutritional information.
For more great recipes visit astro.ca