MainsBack to recipe list
Creamy Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 6
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 25 Min
Astro Original Balkan Style yogourt is the perfect addition to indulgent Macaroni & Cheese. Astro Original gives this dish a luscious and tangy flavour perfect for a quick weeknight meal or cozy comfort food night.
2½ cups (150 g) dried macaroni noodles
3 tbsp (45 mL) Lactantia unsalted butter
3 tbsp (45 mL) flour
1 cup (250 mL) Astro Original Balkan Plain 6% yogourt
4 cups (450 g) grated Black Diamond medium cheddar cheese
1 tbsp (15 mL) dijon mustard
1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid, and set aside.
Return the pot to the stove top and melt Lactantia butter over medium low heat. Add flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Add Astro Original yogourt and stir until combined. Add Black Diamond cheese gradually, adding reserved cooking liquid as needed to form a smooth sauce. Stir in dijon mustard and garlic powder.
Add cooked pasta to cheese sauce and mix together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Calories per serving: 547.3, Fat 32 grams, Cholesterol 91.7 mg, Sodium 616 mg, Carbohydrates 41.2 grams, Fibre 1.3 grams, Sugar 1.3 grams, Protein 25 grams
- To reduce fat select a 1% or 2% Astro Original Balkan Style yogourt.
- One serving contains 55% of the recommended daily intake of Calcium.
- Add fibre by substituting white pasta for whole grain pasta.
Nutritional information is based on an average 2,000 calorie a day diet. Any product substitutions will alter the nutritional information.
For more great recipes visit astro.ca