Skip to content
Back to Recipes
- 1½ cups (370 g) quinoa
- 3 cups (750 mL) low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup (150 g) sliced cucumber
- 1 cup (150 g) sliced mango
- ¼ cup (40 g) dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) freshly chopped mint
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) curry powder
- ½ cup (125 mL) Astro® Original Balkan Plain 2% yogourt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- Salt and pepper
- To make the dressing, whisk together curry powder, Astro Original yogourt, canola oil, vinegar, honey and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring vegetable stock to a boil. Add the quinoa and ¼ tsp salt and simmer for 15 minutes covered or until liquid is absorbed. Turn off the heat and let quinoa sit for 10 minutes covered. Fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa cooks, prepare the remaining salad ingredients. Let quinoa cool slightly, toss with dressing. Transfer quinoa to a serving bowl and top with cucumber, mango, cranberries, mint and almonds. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.