MainsBack to recipe list
Serving Size: 6
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Total Time: 50 Min
Watch the video Click Here
Wholesome pastas are a delicious and quick comfort food during a busy week. This pasta is packed with bright coloured and dark leafy vegetables bursting with fibre and goodness!
¼ cup (64 mL) olive oil
3 small onions, sliced
4 cups (250 g) mixed vegetables, cut into ½ inch pieces (asparagus, zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms, carrots etc.)
½ lb (225 g) fettucini noodles
1 container (750 g) Astro Original Balkan Plain 6% yogourt, drained through fine sieve
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup (250 mL) roughly chopped fresh herbs (chervil, basil, parsley, chives, tarragon)
1 cup (250 mL) Black Diamond Italiano shredded cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft and translucent. Reduce heat and cook onions until golden brown and caramelized, stirring frequently, 20-25 minutes.
Add the 4 cups of vegetables and cook 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve pasta cooking liquid.
Return pasta to pot and add Astro Original yogourt, vegetable mixture, green onions, herbs and Black Diamond cheese. Add some of the reserved pasta cooking liquid to thin mixture and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Calories per serving: 401.2, Fat 20.9 grams, Cholesterol 32.6 mg, Sodium 226.9 mg, Carbohydrates 43.8 grams, Fibre 3.3 grams, Sugar 4.8 grams, Protein 14.3 grams
- Reduce fat content by preparing with Astro Original Balkan Style 3% or 2% yogourt.
- One serving contains 53% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin A.
Nutritional information is based on an average 2,000 calorie a day diet. Any product substitutions will alter the nutritional information.
For more great recipes visit astro.ca