BreakfastBack to recipe list
Yogourt Cereal Bars
Serving Size: 12 Bars
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
Cereal bars are a kid-friendly grab and go breakfast perfect for the busy weekdays! Just bake on the weekend and store in an airtight container for 4 days of fresh breakfast ideas.
2 cups (500 mL) granola cereal
¾ cup plus 2 tbsp (205 mL) all-purpose flour, divided
¼ cup (50 mL) brown sugar
½ tsp (2.5 mL) cinnamon
½ cup (125 mL) Lactantia unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (250 mL) Astro Original French Vanilla 1% yogourt
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Combine the cereal, ¾ cup flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix in Lactantia butter until crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture into greased or parchment lined 8-inch square pan.
Combine Astro Original yogourt, egg and 2 tablespoons of flour. Spread over crumb mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle the other half of the granola mixture over yogourt mixture pressing down lightly.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until yogourt has set. Cool in pan. Cut into bars.
Calories per serving: 180, Fat 6.9 grams, Cholesterol 23.2 mg, Sodium 33.7 mg, Carbohydrates 27.6 grams, Fibre 1.2 grams, Sugar 13.6 grams, Protein 3.3 grams
- Choose a lower fat granola with less than 9 grams of sugar per serving.
- 1 cup of Astro BioBest Vanilla yogourt provides 30% recommended daily intake of Calcium.
Nutritional information is based on an average 2,000 calorie a day diet. Any product substitutions will alter the nutritional information.
For more great recipes visit astro.ca