- 1/4 cup (60mL) Lactantia® Unsalted Butter, divided
- 2 lbs (910g) boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large yellow fleshed potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tbsp (45mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500mL) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500mL) Astro® Original Balkan Plain 3% yogourt
- 1 cup (250mL) fresh or frozen peas
- 2 cups (500mL) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60mL) Lactantia® Unsalted Butter, melted
- 8 oz (250g) smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 13 x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish or individual ovenproof 1 cup (250 mL) ramekins.
- In a large heavy bottom pot, melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) of butter over medium heat and sauté chicken until golden. Transfer chicken to bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining butter and sauté celery, carrots, garlic, potatoes and onion for 5 minutes. Sprinkle mixture with flour and cook stirring for 5 minutes. Slowly, stir in broth and reserved chicken; cook covered until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from heat and stir in Astro Original Balkan Plain 3% yogourt and peas. Spoon into prepared baking dish or ramekins.
- In a medium bowl combine, breadcrumbs, butter and cheese; sprinkle evenly over chicken and vegetable mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until mixture is bubbling and topping is golden brown.
Tip: Substitute chicken for extra firm tofu cubes and chicken broth to vegetable broth for a delicious vegetarian dish!