Back to Recipes
Serving Size: 12 | Prep Time:10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Breakfast
- 1 cup (250 mL) bran cereal
- 1⅓ cup (325 mL) Astro® Original Balkan French Vanilla yogourt
1 egg white
½ cup (125 mL) honey
- 1 cup (250 mL) Lactantia skim milk
- ½ cup (125 mL) Lactantia Healthy Attitude margarine, melted
- 1¼ cup (300 mL) whole wheat flour
1¼ cup (300 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp (7.5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1½ cups (375 mL) sliced strawberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190°C). Lightly grease a muffin pan with Lactantia Healthy Attitude margarine or line with paper wrappers.
- Combine cereal with Astro Original yogourt and let stand 5 minutes. Add egg white, honey, milk and melted Lactantia margarine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add cereal mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in strawberries.
- Fill greased muffin tins and bake 25 to 30 minutes until set and golden in colour. Cool on a baking rack. Freezes well.