Skip to content
Back to Recipes
- 3 cups (750mL) penne pasta
- 3 tbsp (45mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 lb (500g) boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10mL) chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (125mL) vodka
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) Astro® Original Balkan Plain 2% yogourt
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250mL) spinach
- 1/4 cup (60mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (125mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15mL) crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 tbsp (20 mL) of oil over medium heat. Add chicken, cook stirring occasionally until chicken is no longer pink inside and golden. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil and sauté shallot until transparent. Add garlic and oregano and sauté a few minutes or until fragrant. Stir in tomato sauce and vodka and simmer on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through and slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk Astro Original Balkan Plain 2% yogourt and cornstarch; whisk into sauce.
- Add reserved chicken, spinach and basil to the skillet; return to heat and cook for 2 minutes or until spinach is lightly wilted.
- Stir in pasta and cheese. Serve. Sprinkled with pepper flakes, if using.