BreakfastBack to recipe list
Homestyle Pancakes with Fresh Berries
Serving Size: 10, 4-inch Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 20 Min
Pancakes are the perfect way to unwind and enjoy a lazy Saturday with the family. Choose ingredients like fresh berries to add a touch of low-calorie antioxidant packed sweetness to your next short stack!
1 cup (250 mL) flour, sifted
1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
¾ tsp (3.75 mL) baking soda
½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
1 cup (250 mL) Astro Original Balkan Plain 6% yogourt
½ cup (125 mL) water
1 tbsp (45 mL) melted Lactantia unsalted butter, plus additional for brushing griddle
1 cup (250 mL) fresh berries
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
In another bowl, beat eggs. Blend in Astro Original yogourt, water and melted Lactantia butter. Add dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Brush a griddle or a large skillet with Lactantia butter. Spoon ¼ cup of batter onto griddle.
Cook until bubbles appear on surface and pop, edges are set, and undersides are golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip pancakes and cook until undersides are golden and pancakes are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Serve immediately, or keep warm in 200°F (90°C) oven. Serve with fresh fruit.
Calories per Serving (2 - 4-inch pancakes with ¼ fresh berries): 247.2, Fat 8.8 grams, Cholesterol 122 mg, Sodium 406.6 mg, Carbohydrates 34 grams, Fiber 2.1 grams, Sugar 6.4 grams, Protein 8.6 grams
- Mixed berries are an excellent source of antioxidants.
- Swap ¼ cup flour for whole wheat flour for added Fibre.
- Astro Original Balkan style yogourt adds Calcium and Protein to pancakes.
Note: Nutritional Content Analysis does not include maple syrup, please consult product label for Nutritional Table.
Nutritional information is based on an average 2,000 calorie a day diet. Any product substitutions will alter the nutritional information.
For more great recipes visit astro.ca