Back to Recipes
Serving Size: 6 | Prep Time:5 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Soups & Sides
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 - 15 oz (425 g) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups (900 mL) low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 minced chipotle pepper, plus 1 tsp (5 mL) adobo
- ¼ cup (64 mL) Astro® Original Balkan Plain 3% yogourt
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly snipped chives, for serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and garlic, cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the lentils, minced chipotle pepper and stock, stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, make the chipotle sauce by whisking together Astro Original yogourt with adobo and a pinch of salt. Season soup with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and top with a dollop of chipotle sauce and a sprinkle of freshly snipped chives.