Back to Recipes
Serving Size: 4 | Prep Time:10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Mains
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 - 19 oz (540 mL) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 28 oz (794 g) whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) low sodium vegetable stock
- 4 cups (180 g) packed baby spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) Astro® BioBest® Plain yogourt
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- 8 slices toasted baguette, for serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the basil, bay leaf, and chickpeas; stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in tomatoes with juices and stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in spinach, ½ cup Astro BioBest yogourt and season with salt and pepper. Cook until spinach has wilted and yogourt is completely incorporated.
- Before serving, lightly toast baguette slices. Remove and discard bay leaf from stew. Divide stew between bowls and serve with a dollop of Astro BioBest yogourt, freshly chopped parsley and toasted baguette.