Back to Recipes
Serving Size: 4 | Prep Time:5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Soups & Sides
- 4 cups (1 L) carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lactantia unsalted butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- ½ cup (125 mL) Astro® Original Balkan Plain 2% yogourt
- In heavy bottomed saucepot heat butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, stock, apple and ginger bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and let simmer until carrots are cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, process soup until smooth. If you don’t have a hand blender, let soup cool slightly and transfer to a blender or food processor in batches and process until smooth. Return to pot.
- Over low heat stir in Astro Original yogourt and adjust seasoning as required. Reheat slowly, do not allow to boil.